Wednesday 24 December 2008

Birthday Wishes

Question for today: Are birthday wishes that important?

Whenever the birthday of a friend I'm close to is here, I'll definitely send them birthday wishes. Then my mother asked me, have they remembered your birthday before?

That made me think a little while.

Seriously, many times... Friends who I've sent birthday wishes to or better still, presents, never even take the effort to wish me on my birthday. I guess that shows sincerity in a friendship, is it?

Well, it's not that I mind but my mother just reminded me that it's one of the smallest effort a friend couldn't miss. She always commented that, what's the point of keeping friends who don't appreciate me at all? This is a pretty true statement. She's always been nagging me because I'm always helping worthless friends, friends who don't even appreciate me in return, friends who won't be here for me whenever I need them...

I don't know why these thoughts just came out so suddenly, maybe because my birthday is coming and I'm just anxious to know who actually treats me as a sincere friend and who appreciates me.

Anyhow, I've never find any friends worthless. All my friends are worthy to me regardless of the wishes and all. They're all worthy because different friends offer different lessons in life for me, which will somehow rather help me in the near or far future =)

Thank you, FRIENDS!

P.s. Christmas is just around the corner, merry Christmas!

No comments: